Coming To Summer Escape? Here’s what you need to bring.
Please write your name on all your luggage.
- BOYS, please tag all of your luggage/bedding with something GREEN.
- GIRLS, please tag all of your luggage/baggage with something ORANGE.
(can be ribbon, tape, yarn, a colored name tag, etc.)
What to Pack:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- 1 Towel for the lake & 1 towel for the shower
- Water bottle
- Flashlight (we prefer a flashlight and not using your cell phone)
- Closed-Toe Shoes for some camp activities
- Plenty of t-shirts and shorts – check the weather for Beckley, WV as we get closer to the trip
- Underwear, socks, pajamas
- Sandals for showers/lake
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Sunglasses or a hat if you like to wear those
- Spending money for camp store, vending machines, highlight video, etc.
- Electronics: we would prefer no electronics be brought on the trip, with the exception of cell phones
How to Pack & Label all Medications
ALL MEDS (prescription and over the counter) will be turned in to the camp infirmary.
Possible exceptions to this rule are inhalers & epi-pens. These MUST be listed on your Health Form and approved with the on-site medical staff.
How to pack medications
All meds (prescription and OTC) should come in their original pharmacy container with patient name and dosage info listed.
Label all meds with camper name
Parents, write a note describing all details of dosing and administering of the medications as well as any drug interactions you are aware of with your child’s prescription (i.e. with food, w/o food, time of day, things to consider, etc). This information helps to ensure accuracy and that nothing gets missed).
Place all the above into a plastic Ziploc bag for camper to turn into camp infirmary.
Medications will be collected when loading the bus/vans, so have them readily accessible.