- Every year we take high school students involved in various Campus Life programs across the Pittsburgh Region to Wildwood NJ for the Heatwave Conference. This conference is produced as a collaboration with other YFC chapters across the region. For over 50 years, high school students and leaders have come together for a week on the New Jersey coast to play, relax, learn, and be challenged together. The Heatwave Conference provides a unique, life changing experience that is consistently referred to as “The best week of summer” year after year.As part of our commitment to provide an excellent event, we bring a team of interns to work alongside our leaders and staff. As a Heatwave Intern with Metro Pittsburgh YFC, you can expect to be challenged and grow, while having a great week on the beach!
- Set a solid Christian example for students throughout the summer. This includes the time before the trip (June), during the trip, and after (July & August).
- Work with your club director to assist in all areas of responsibility, including (but not limited too), pre-trip logistics, being a room leader, meeting with students, follow up, discipline issues, etc.
- Be personally responsible for building a relationship and sharing the Gospel with at least 2 specific students attending Heatwave.
- Attend the Summer Trips Leader Training.
- Attend the Heatwave Leaders Briefing Meeting.
- Coach at least one sports team during Heatwave.
- Submit a one-page paper detailing your experience from a spiritual leadership point of view. Paper due by August 1st following the trip.
- Complete the YFC Leader Application process, including all child protection clearances and training. A copy of this checklist will be provided following your inquiry.
- Be actively involved in your local church and profess a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate visible evidence of compliance with “Living the Life of a Leader”, “Standards of Conduct” and the “Youth for Christ Statement of Faith”. These will be available for your review during the Leader Application Process.
- Graduated from High School at least ten months prior to the trip start date.
- Not romantically involved with a high school student currently or within the past 6 months.
- Cover the Intern Registration Fee of $230, which includes lodging, transportation and conference registration. Does not include food.
- Complete the Heatwave Trip Registration, choosing “Intern” as your registration type, and submit a $50 deposit. Should you not be selected as an Intern, or if you are unable to meet the intern requirements to attend the trip, this deposit will be refunded.
- We’ll then e-mail you the “New Leader Checklist” which will guide you through the application process. This includes providing 3 references, obtaining child protection clearances, and completing the Youth Protection Training.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to review the compliance documents prior to applying, please contact Chris Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.